Since a number of you originally began your studies as visiting students, and since a number of our current visiting students wish to continue as degree students next year, we thought we should clarify the procedure for getting credit transferred to your degree studies. The basic procedure is as follows:
- Transfer of credit is only possible with the agreement of the relevant lecturer and programme supervisor.
- In order to arrange the transfer of credit, first, fill out the Transferring Credit Form, and get the lecturer and programme supervisor to sign it. Don't forget to attach the relevant print-out from SIS or transcript of records, so we have proof of what grades you have achieved.
- Once the form is signed, bring it to Mr Lukáš Budín at Student Services in the Hollar building, room no. 216, and ask her to arrange the transfer of the credit to your current record in SIS.
- Please remember you cannot graduate until credit is transferred to your current record. We would therefore strongly recommend that you take care of this during your first semester as a degree student. Please DO NOT leave it until the last minute.
- Those of you who are currently enrolled as visiting students, and who are planning to start your degree studies next year, will have to wait until after you are registered as degree students to transfer credit (i.e. October). Make sure all your grades are properly recorded in the SIS.
- Please note that we can only transfer credit for classes completed no longer than 4 years prior to the date of transfer.