How to Apply
Applications for academic year 2018/2019 are now open!
Early admission deadline
28th February 2018
30th April 2018
The early admissions deadline is strongly recommended for students from non-EU or non-EFTA countries who will need a student visa in order to study in the Czech Republic. This deadline does not apply for CSF programme.
The application fee is 600 CZK (22 - 25 EUR). There will be no entrance examinations. Applicants' materials will be assessed by an admissions committee in March/May respectively. Successful applicants will be informed at the beginning of April/June respectively, so they can apply for their student visa.
How to fill in the online application form? Find the detailed instructions in the download box bellow!
Please note: Do not forget to finalize your online application by hitting the "send" button. Also, upload all your supporting documents before you finalize your application.
How to fill in the application form:
All applications must include:
- Completed application form
- Copies of all relevant diplomas and transcripts. Copies of diplomas and transcripts do not have to be certified. However, if you submit uncertified copies you must bring the originals of all submitted documents with you to Prague, so we can confirm their authenticity. If you have not yet finished your previous studies and thus do not have a diploma please submit a confirmation of studies including an information on the expected date of graduation.
- Short academic curriculum vitae (resume) detailing all relevant qualifications and experience
- Letter of motivation
- All applications for Master in Economics and Finance (MEF) must also include a letter of recommendation and test results or certificates in order to demonstrate applicants' sufficient competence in mathematics and in English. For details, please see: MEF Admission Criteria
- All applications for Bachelor in Economics and Finance (BEF) must include test results or certificates in order to demonstrate applicants' sufficient competence in mathematics and in English. For example an International Baccalaureate (IB) Group 5 - Mathematics predicted or final score; Suneung; A Levels including Mathematics; SAT test; ACT Composite score; SCIO Matematika etc. for mathematics and IELTS, TOEFL or FCE/CAE for English (except of native speakers and graduates of international high-schools where language of instruction was English). For details, pleasee see: BEF Admission Criteria
- All applications for European Politics and Society (EPS) must also include a copy of a second diploma (second completed Bachelor's or High School diploma), 2 letters of recommendation and a completed supplementary questionnaire indicating study track preferences.
- All students who are non-native English speakers must provide evidence of their competence in English corresponding to at least the C1 level, CAE, IELTS 7.0 and TOEFL over 95.
Where necessary, students applying to Corporate Strategy and Finance (CSF) must make arrangements for the results of their GRE or GMAT exams to be sent direct to the Faculty. (For GRE test only, please use our institutional code 1649 if you wish for your results to be sent directly to us)
Although a background in mathematics is not formally required for International Economic and Political Studies (IEPS) admission, it is an advantage for IEPS applicants to have an aptitude for maths and statistics, especially for those who want to specialise in economics and finance.
Applications may also include:
- References or letters of recommendation
- Writing sample - the best relevant academic text written by the student (essay, analysis, case study etc.)
- Students who are not native English speakers may also include a copy of their results of IELTS, TOEFL (For TOEFL, please use our institutional code 6633 if you wish for your results to be sent directly to us) or any other English-language certificate.
Diplomas, transcripts, letters of recommendation and other documents whose original language is not English, Czech or Slovak have to be accompanied by a certified translation into English. Only complete applications will be considered. Thank you for your understanding. Personal data will be used exclusively for organizing the course’s enrolments.
For any queries related to admissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember: Students who have obtained their secondary education or Bachelor's (or Master's) degree abroad are required to obtain an official document to say that their secondary education or degree is recognised in the Czech Republic, before they can register for a degree programme at a Czech university. More information about this process can be found here.